Our Hope & Hurdles resource is designed for people who have been diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. It has been developed through extensive consultation with people living with metastatic breast cancer, and those who treat and care for them.
The third edition of Hope & Hurdles is now available. You can place an order for the new pack, which will be sent via mail.
Throughout the resource you will find quotes, photos, advice, recommendations and encouragement from people who have been diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer.
Hope & Hurdles is very comprehensive and helpful, with plenty of practical advice and guidance. It is easy to understand and the personal stories from other people who have ‘been there’ themselves are uplifting and encouraging. – Anne
The Hope & Hurdles pack includes an information guide - a comprehensive booklet with information about dealing with your diagnosis, treatments, support options, practical uses, and further contacts and resources for you and your family. You can also choose from a number of optional items to help tailor the pack to your particular needs.
The booklets listed below can be ordered now or at any time in the future according to your personal situation.
Ask your health professional if you are unsure of which booklets to order.
- Metastatic breast cancer in the bone
- Metastatic breast cancer in the liver
- Metastatic breast cancer in the lung
- Metastatic breast cancer in the brain
- Triple negative metastatic breast cancer
- *Hormone receptor positive metastatic breast cancer
- *HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer
- Getting your affairs in order
*Note: If your cancer if hormone receptor positive and HER2-positive, order the HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer booklet as this will have the most appropriate information for you.
To order optional items, complete the standard online order form, then select optional items on the second page.
- We recommend that you order the complete Hope & Hurdles pack, but you are able to download the Messages of hope and inspiration PDF separately.
- You can also join BCNA’s online network if you think that talking to others in a similar situation will help.
- The Information for Health Professionals section of this website offers suggestions on how health professionals can use Hope & Hurdles.