Our Hope & Hurdles resource is designed for people who have been diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. It has been developed through extensive consultation with people living with metastatic breast cancer, and those who treat and care for them.
The third edition of Hope & Hurdles is now available. You can place an order for the new pack, which will be sent via mail.
Throughout the resource you will find quotes, photos, advice, recommendations and encouragement from people who have been diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer.
Hope & Hurdles is very comprehensive and helpful, with plenty of practical advice and guidance. It is easy to understand and the personal stories from other people who have ‘been there’ themselves are uplifting and encouraging. – Anne
Hope & Hurdles pack includes:
- Hope & Hurdles Information Guide – a booklet with information about dealing with your diagnosis, treatments, support options, practical uses, and further contacts and resources for you and your family
- Messages of hope and inspiration –a brochure featuring personal messages from women living with metastatic breast cancer
- She has secondary breast cancer – how can I support her? – brochures for family and friends
- An order card for optional Hope & Hurdles items
Hope & Hurdles contains general information for people living with breast cancer. The booklets listed below can be ordered now or at any time in the future according to your personal situation.
Ask your health professional if you are unsure of which booklets to order.
- Metastatic breast cancer in the bone
- Metastatic breast cancer in the liver
- Metastatic breast cancer in the lung
- Metastatic breast cancer in the brain
- Planning ahead (formerly called Getting your affairs in order)
- Triple negative metastatic breast cancer
- *Hormone receptor positive metastatic breast cancer
- *HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer
*Note: If your cancer if hormone receptor positive and HER2-positive, order the HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer booklet as this will have the most appropriate information for you.
To order optional items, complete the standard online order form, then select optional items on the second page.
For more information on this topic, please consider the following resources:
- We recommend that you order the complete Hope & Hurdles pack, but you are able to download the Messages of hope and inspiration PDF separately.
- You can also join BCNA’s online network if you think that talking to others in a similar situation will help.
- The Information for Health Professionals section offers suggestions on how health professionals can use Hope & Hurdles.