Our Hope & Hurdles Information Guide is designed for people who have been diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. It has been developed through extensive consultation with people living with metastatic breast cancer, and those who treat and care for them.
Hope & Hurdles is very comprehensive and helpful, with plenty of practical advice and guidance. It is easy to understand and the personal stories from other people who have ‘been there’ themselves are uplifting and encouraging. – Anne
The Hope & Hurdles Information Guide is a comprehensive booklet with information about dealing with your diagnosis, treatments and support options for you and your family.
There are also a number of optional booklets available to download.
Ask your health professional if you are unsure which booklets are suitable for you:
- Metastatic breast cancer in the bone - download now
- Metastatic breast cancer in the liver - download now
- Metastatic breast cancer in the lung - download now
- Metastatic breast cancer in the brain - download now
- Triple negative metastatic breast cancer - download now
- *Hormone receptor positive metastatic breast cancer - download now
- *HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer - download now
- Planning ahead - download now
- When someone close to you has metastatic breast cancer - download now
*Note: If your cancer is hormone receptor positive and HER2-positive, the HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer booklet has the most appropriate information for you.
Some of these booklets are still available as hard copies. You can order these by calling BCNA's Helpline on 1800 500 258.
- The Hope & Hurdles Information Guide is now available in a number of digital formats:
- You can download the EPUB and .mobi versions of the Hope & Hurdles Information Guide (ZIP, 19.7 MB)
- You can also join BCNA’s online network if you think that talking to others in a similar situation will help.
- The Information for Health Professionals section of this website offers suggestions on how health professionals can use Hope & Hurdles.
- Other resources for women and men diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer.
- Bilingual resources for women with metastatic breast cancer.