Our Hope & Hurdles resource is designed for people who have been diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. It has been developed through extensive consultation with people living with metastatic breast cancer, and those who treat and care for them.
The third edition of Hope & Hurdles is currently in production. Copies will be available in mid-late November. You can place a pre-order for the new pack, which will be sent via mail as soon as it is available.
Throughout the resource you will find quotes, photos, advice, recommendations and encouragement from people who have been diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer.
Hope & Hurdles is very comprehensive and helpful, with plenty of practical advice and guidance. It is easy to understand and the personal stories from other people who have ‘been there’ themselves are uplifting and encouraging. – Anne
Hope & Hurdles pack includes:
- Hope & Hurdles Information Guide – a booklet with information about dealing with your diagnosis, treatments, support options, practical uses, and further contacts and resources for you and your family
- Messages of hope and inspiration –a brochure featuring personal messages from women living with metastatic breast cancer
- She has secondary breast cancer – how can I support her? – brochures for family and friends
- An order card for optional Hope & Hurdles items
The Hope & Hurdles pack also contains some optional items that you can select according to your individual situation:
- Metastatic breast cancer in the bone booklet
- Metastatic breast cancer in the liver booklet
- Metastatic breast cancer in the lung booklet
- Metastatic breast cancer in the brain booklet
- Breast cancer and sexual wellbeing booklet
- Cancer Australia’s Guide for women with secondary breast cancer
- Depression and breast cancer fact sheet.
People have also asked for information to help them plan for the future. This can be found in the booklet ‘Getting your affairs in order’, which you can order whenever you want it. This booklet is being reviewed and will renamed 'Planning ahead'.
To order optional items, complete the standard online order form, then select optional items on the second page.
For more information on this topic, please consider the following resources:
- We recommend that you order the complete Hope & Hurdles pack, but you are able to download the Messages of hope and inspiration PDF separately.
- You can also join BCNA’s online network if you think that talking to others in a similar situation will help.
- The Information for Health Professionals section offers suggestions on how health professionals can use Hope & Hurdles.