BCNA works closely with breast care nurses and health professionals to make sure that the information and support needs of people diagnosed with breast cancer are met. Research shows that well informed patients are less anxious and better able to be involved in their breast cancer journey.
For my patient
- Order kits and information packs - My Journey Kit, Hope & Hurdles, and My Care Kit
- Order brochures and fact sheets
- Order copies of The Beacon - our quarterly magazine for people affected by breast cancer
- Order sample kits
- Subscribe to Health Professionals Update - quarterly email for breast cancer health professionals
- Subscribe to Research Bulletins - the latest in breast cancer research
- Subscribe to The Beacon - our magazine for people affected by breast cancer
- Professional development
My Journey Kit and Hope & Hurdles Pack
BCNA's primary information resources are:
- My Journey Kit for people diagnosed with early breast cancer;
- Hope & Hurdles for people diagnosed with secondary breast cancer;
- My Care Kit for post-surgery support - includes Berlei post-surgical bra and soft form/s
All resources are regularly updated so that they include the most up-to-date information possible, and are endorsed by key breast cancer organisations and peak bodies such as the Medical Oncology Group of Australia and Cancer Nurses Society of Australia. They are provided free of charge.
- Enrol in the BCNA health professionals program to order My Journey Kit, a Hope & Hurdles pack or My Care Kit
- or login if you are already enrolled
Sample packs of My Journey Kit and Hope & Hurdles are available to health professionals working with people diagnosed with breast cancer. Sample packs can be used to show people what will arrive in the mail, and they are also useful to help explain diagnosis and treatment.
PLEASE NOTE: We ask that sample packs are not given out to people as BCNA's resources are regularly updated and sample packs can quickly become dated. We also believe that it is important that every woman is given the opportunity to be connected in to our ongoing programs of information and support through being added to our database.
You are welcome to place an order for a kit on a person's behalf (with her consent), simply by entering her details into the online order form. The kit will then be sent to her directly by mail at no cost.
My Care Kit contains a specially designed Berlei post-surgical bra and soft form/s. It is intended for people who have recently had breast surgery. The My Care Kit is provided through a partnership between BCNA and Berlei.
My Care Kit is available free of charge to people who undergo surgery for breast cancer, and is distributed via health professionals enrolled in the My Care Kit program.
Each My Care Kit includes:
- Post-surgical bra - featuring seams and lining that avoid pressure, extra hooks and eyes in the back to allow for any swelling. It can be worn during radiation treatment;
- Soft form insert(s) that can be modified to size in a style that caters for support and comfort;
- DVD - Strengthen Your Recovery, a Pilates program following breast cancer surgery;
- A copy of our latest edition of The Beacon;
- Information on how to order a My Journey Kit;
- Discount card from Berlei; and
- Medicare External Breast Prostheses Reimbursement Program flyer.
- Download My Care Kit Guidelines - how to enrol in the My Care Kit program, place orders online, and the step by step process for measuring someone to determine their bra size.
- Order a My Care Kit (please enrol as a My Care Kit provider first)
For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1800 500 258.
BCNA produces a comprehensive range of brochures, booklets and fact sheets for people with breast cancer, their families and colleagues to assist during the cancer journey. These resources cover topics such as fertility, sexual wellbeing, pathology reports, depression, hair loss and travel insurance.
- You can order resources by selecting that you are ordering 'for your hospital / workplace' from the options on the health professionals order form.
NOTE: to obtain a login, enrol in the BCNA health professionals program.
Stay in touch
The Health Professionals Update provides up-to-date information about BCNA's key resources and services, as well as the latest research and other news relevant to professionals working in breast cancer. The Update is sent quarterly by email.
The Beacon is our free national magazine for people with breast cancer and their families and friends. The Inside Story is a supplement to The Beacon magazine and is specifically for people with secondary breast cancer.
NOTE: if you need multiple copies of The Beacon or The Inside Story for your workplace please phone 1800 500 258 or email email@example.com.
Research Bulletins provide a range of credible and interesting breast cancer information including alerts about relevant events and conferences and research updates in four key areas of interest:
- family history and hereditary breast cancer
- young women and breast cancer
- secondary breast cancer
- people with breast cancer in rural and remote areas.
The Cancer Learning website
The Cancer Learning website, developed by Cancer Australia, is an online professional development website designed specifically for health care professionals working in cancer care.