This section of the website is designed to help health professionals quickly find the resources and information you need to meet the needs of people affected by breast cancer.
Research shows that well informed patients are less anxious, and better able to be involved in making the best evidence-based treatment decisions for them.
On this page you will find:
- Latest news and updates
- Quick links
Other information pages in this section are (use the links below or in the menu on the right side of the page, if you're on a desktop):
- Information and resources for people diagnosed with early breast cancer
- Information and resources for people diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer
- Other resources and information
Latest news and updates
New reports and resources (October 2017)
- The financial impact of breast cancer (research report)
- Speaking from experience video series (metastatic breast cancer)
- Caring for someone with early breast cancer
- Fear of cancer recurrence (early breast cancer)
- Fear of cancer progression (metastatic breast cancer)
- Resources for people with early breast cancer living with a disability
- Resources for friends, family and colleagues of a person diagnosed with early breast cancer
- Accessible resources in Easy English, audio and HTML formats for people with a disability or low literacy levels (early breast cancer)
- Healthy eating and breast cancer booklet in Traditional Chinese
Save the date!
The 2017 Carman's Women's Fun Run will be held on Sunday, 3 December at Catani Gardens, St Kilda.
Get a team together or take your family - all ages and abilities can come together to fundraise for a purpose and get behind BCNA by taking part in the 5km, 10km, Half Marathon or Girls MINI Fun Run events. Register now.
Stay in touch
The best way to keep in touch with the latest BCNA resources, news and events is to subscribe to the quarterly Health professionals update eBulletin. The update provides information about BCNA's key resources and services, as well as the latest research and other news relevant to professionals working with people affected by breast cancer. The update is sent quarterly by email.
- Subscribe to the Health professionals update - quarterly email for breast cancer health professionals
- Contact BCNA directly online
- Contact Di Treble, Manager Information Resources – email@example.com or by calling 1800 500 258.
A note about kits and sample packs
PLEASE NOTE: We ask that sample packs are not given out to people as BCNA's resources are regularly updated and sample packs can quickly become dated. We also believe that it is important that every person receiving BCNA resources is given the opportunity to be connected in to our ongoing programs of information and support through being added to our database.
- Frequently asked questions
- BCNA position statements
- BCNA consumer representatives
- Download My Care Kit ordering guide (PDF) (includes post-surgical bra sizing charts)
The Cancer Learning website
The Cancer Learning website, developed by Cancer Australia, is an online professional development website designed specifically for health care professionals working in cancer care.
eviQ is an Australian government, online resource of cancer treatment protocols developed by multidisciplinary teams of cancer specialists. With a goal to improve patient outcomes and reduce treatment variation, eviQ provides evidence-based information to support health professionals in the delivery of cancer treatments available at the time treatment decisions are being made.