For more than 20 years, Breast Cancer Network Australia has informed, connected and supported all Australians diagnosed with breast cancer. With our new fortnightly podcast series Upfront About Breast Cancer, we're taking our advice and support and delivering it to you wherever you have your smartphone or computer. In this first season of the podcast, we're speaking to experts and breast cancer survivors about all aspects of a breast cancer diagnosis - from minimising unexpected hospital bills to dealing with the emotional impact of breast cancer.
Read transcripts, show notes and credits:
- Episode 1: Just diagnosed - what's next?
- Episode 2: Money and the healthcare system
- Episode 3: Communicating with your healthcare professional
- Episode 4: Ongoing and late side effects
- Episode 5: Metastatic breast cancer
- Episode 6: Telling your children you have cancer
- Episode 7: Breast reconstruction
- Bonus episode - Allergan breast implant recall
Listen and subscribe to Upfront About Breast Cancer:
About the host:
Kellie Curtain is a journalist and author with more than two decades of experience across all media platforms including ten years as a television news reporter. Her book What will I wear to your funeral? is a memoir that finds ‘good’ in saying goodbye. The story of a family that prepares to lose their matriarch is not unique; the honest and humourous dialogue is however a little different and it’s hoped may prompt others to have conversations about dying. What will I wear to your funeral? was named a Distinguished Favourite in the 2017 New York City Big Book Awards. Kellie is also an ambassador for the federal government initiative Advanced Care Planning Australia and a board member of not-for-profit organisation Motherless Daughters Australia.