Are you looking for accessible breast cancer information?
Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA) has a series of accessible breast cancer resources designed specifically for people who require information in Easy English or audio due to a disability or low English literacy.
Fact sheets and audio files in Easy English
You can now order Easy English fact sheets on our website or you can download them below. The Easy English fact sheets use simple language and pictures. It can be useful for anyone who finds it hard to read.
You can also listen to the fact sheets by clicking on the audio buttons below.
Feeling sad or worried
Bone health and breast cancer
Keep breast cancer away
Life after breast cancer
Where to find more information and support:
- For more information and support call BCNA on 1800 500 258
- If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can call BCNA through the National Relay Service.
- Are you living with a disability? Tailored information for you can be found on our Facing breast cancer with a disability page.
- Join our online network to talk to other people with breast cancer.
- Connect with other people affected by breast cancer through a face-to-face support group. Visit our Services and support groups directory to find a group in your area.
- We also have booklets and fact sheets you can download or order in Plain English.
- Macmillan Cancer Support (UK-based) has lots of easy read booklets on its website for anyone who finds it hard to read.
- You may want to download the Breast Cancer Care (UK-based) fact sheet Your breasts, your health Taking care of your breasts for more information on how to look after your breasts.
- The NHS (UK-based) has a Breast cancer and how to spot it fact sheet.
Keep breast cancer away and Life after breast cancer thumbnails courtesy of The Picture Communication Symbols © 1981-2017 by Tobii Dynavox. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Used with permission.