Our Hope & Hurdles resource is designed for women who have been diagnosed with secondary breast cancer. It has been developed through extensive consultation with women living with secondary breast cancer, and those who treat and care for them.
Throughout the resource you will find quotes, photos, advice, recommendations and encouragement from women who have been diagnosed with secondary breast cancer.
Hope & Hurdles is very comprehensive and helpful, with plenty of practical advice and guidance. It is easy to understand and the personal stories from other women who have ‘been there’ themselves are uplifting and encouraging. – Anne
Order Hope & Hurdles
Order Hope & Hurdles online or by phone 1800 500 258.
If you already have a Hope & Hurdles pack and would like to order additional optional items, please complete the online order form again, then select the optional items you need on the second page.
Hope & Hurdles will be sent to you by mail free of charge within 5–7 days.
Note: If you are a health professional and would like to receive a sample pack, please contact BCNA on 1800 500 258 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope & Hurdles pack includes:
- Hope & Hurdles Information Guide – a booklet with information about dealing with your diagnosis, treatments, support options, practical uses, and further contacts and resources for you and your family
- Messages of hope and inspiration –a brochure featuring personal messages from women living with secondary breast cancer
- She has secondary breast cancer – how can I support her? – brochures for family and friends
- A CD of guided meditations
- ‘When the woman you love has advanced breast cancer’ – a CD for partners that others may also find helpful
- A copy of The Beacon, BCNA’s free quarterly magazine and The Inside Story, a supplement featuring articles and stories especially for women living with secondary breast cancer
- A folder to store your pathology reports, etc
- An order form for optional Hope & Hurdles items
The Hope & Hurdles pack also contains some optional items that you can select according to your individual situation:
- Secondary breast cancer in the bone booklet
- Secondary breast cancer in the liver booklet
- Secondary breast cancer in the lungs booklet
- Secondary breast cancer in the brain booklet
- Breast cancer and sexual wellbeing booklet
- Cancer Australia’s Guide for women with secondary breast cancer
- Depression and breast cancer fact sheet.
Women have also asked for information to help them plan for the future. This can be found in the booklet ‘Getting your affairs in order’, which you can order whenever you want it.
To order optional items, complete the standard online order form, then select optional items on the second page.
For more information on this topic, please consider the following resources:
- We recommend that you order the complete Hope & Hurdles Pack, but you are able to download the Messages of hope and inspiration PDF separately.
- You can also join BCNA’s online network if you think that talking to others in a similar situation will help.
- The Information for Health Professionals section offers suggestions on how health professionals can use Hope & Hurdles.