Pink Bun is back in 2020!
This year is the 20th anniversary of Bakers Delight’s partnership with Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA) and what a year it’s been so far!
We would like you to celebrate with us as hundreds of Bakers Delight bakeries in countless locations across the country turn pink for the annual Pink Bun campaign in support of Australians affected by breast cancer.
From 8 October - 28 October 2020 every bakery will generously donate 100 per cent of the sale of the iconic Pink Bun to BCNA.
This year’s campaign is reminding Australians that a breast cancer diagnosis has a ripple effect extending far beyond those diagnosed. It affects families, friends, workmates and communities as they support their loved one through their cancer journey.
The Pink Bun campaign enables Australians to show their support to all who have been impacted by breast cancer, while ensuring that no one personally affected goes through a breast cancer diagnosis alone.
Over our 20-year partnership Bakers Delight has raised an incredible $20 million for BCNA. Money raised this year will go towards providing information and support to those diagnosed, including our My Journey online tool – a free resource providing up-to-date, reliable information tailored to a person’s individual diagnosis and treatment.
How you can support the Pink Bun campaign in 2020
For those who can get into a Bakers Delight bakery this October you can show your support the traditional way:
- Buy a Pink Bun or better yet a 6-pack of Pink Buns (between Thursday 8 October and Wednesday 28 October).
- Purchase a pink lady silhouette for a gold coin donation and write a message of support.
- Make a donation in store via the donation tins on the counter or, if you prefer, you can ask Bakers Delight’s friendly staff to add a donation to your purchase at the register.
- Host a Pink Bun Party fundraiser with your workplace, school, social or community group (please check and adhere to COVID-19 restrictions in your location).
- Just pop in to your local Bakers Delight store and say thank you to the staff for supporting BCNA.
Other ways to get involved:
We know this year is a little different so if you can’t get into a bakery you can still show your support:
- Buy a virtual 6-Pack of Pink Buns online and send a message of support (NEW in 2020).
- Make a donation online.
- Host a Virtual Pink Bun Party (NEW in 2020).
- Send an email or post on social with the hashtag #PinkBunsForBCNA to say thank you to your local store and staff for supporting BCNA.
The Pink Bun campaign is a wonderful opportunity for you to be involved with both your community and your local Bakers Delight bakery. Your generosity ensures we’re here to support the 20,000 women and men expected to be diagnosed with breast cancer this year.
To find your nearest Bakers Delight bakery, visit the Bakers Delight website.