Services and support groups for Australians affected by metastatic breast cancer
While there are very few support groups specifically for women with metastatic breast cancer in Australia, there are some in most states that you may be able to connect with and attend either in person or by phone. There are also online support group communities that may meet your needs.
Below is a list of metastatic breast cancer specific support groups and services that are currently active. For information about each support group, select the link and you will be taken to more information.
- Join our metastatic breast cancer group within our Online Network and connect with men and women living with metastatic breast cancer around Australia. This group has 300 online members and so you may find that you can connect with women who are of similar age to yourself with similar life interests and experiences.
- Cancer Council NSW runs an Advanced Breast Cancer Telephone Support Group on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month. The support group allows you with others who are in a similar situation, give and receive support, and share practical tips, tools and strategies. You can find out more here or call Cancer Council on 13 11 20.
- Mater Metastatic Breast Cancer Information and Support Group
- Royal North Shore Hospital Metastatic Breast Cancer Support Group
- Mayflies (Albury, NSW)
- Counterpart's Making Connections program for women with advanced breast or gynaecological cancer
- Beyond Pink Metastatic (Advanced) Breast Cancer Support Group
- The Thursday Girls: Group for Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Think Pink Foundation's Second Hope informal support group offers understanding and education to women over 50 at all stages of metastatic breast cancer. Visit the Living Centre, 81 South Wharf Drive, Docklands VIC 3008 For more information or to register your interest call (03) 9820 2888 or email email@example.com.
- Think Pink Foundation's Hot Pink Sisters is specifically designed for women under the age of 50 living with metastatic breast cancer. Visit the Living Centre, 81 South Wharf Drive, Docklands VIC 3008 For more information or to register your interest call (03) 9820 2888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Young Advanced Breast Cancer Support Group (PYNKS)
- Advanced Breast Cancer Support Group (Cottosloe, WA)
Support groups are regularly added to BCNA's 'Find services and support' page. If you live in an area that does not have a local support group listed, you can check the Find services and support page to see if a support group has been newly listed near you.