BCNA's Workplace Giving program allows you to support people affected by breast cancer by making a regular, tax-deductible donation to BCNA through your employer's payroll system. You can give as much or as little as you like.
Why participate in workplace giving?
- Convenient - workplace giving eliminates the need for employees to collect receipts or wait until the end of the year to claim a tax refund.
- Cost effective - giving from pre-tax income means donations cost employees less, while charities like us receive the full benefit of the donation.
- Collaborative - workplace giving is unique in its ability to bring together employees, employers and the charities they choose to support. When employees and employers combine their donations, workplace giving is living proof that small change can make a big difference and deliver significant benefits to the community.
How to join a Workplace Giving program
- Step 1 - Find out if your organisation currently has a Workplace Giving program and think about signing up or increasing your donation.
- Step 2 - Ask your payroll department to deduct your nominated donation amount to BCNA from your gross (pre-tax) salary each pay period.
- Step 3 - Your employer will then make these donations to BCNA on your behalf.
Starting a workplace giving program
Workplace giving is transparent and trustworthy for employees and employers, and avoids high fundraising costs for charities.
The benefits participating employees say they enjoy most include:
- Donations are easy, convenient and tax effective.
- Donations are affordable – you can give as much or as little as you like.
- Employees have the chance to make a difference by connecting with their employer and fellow workmates through the collective impact of their donations.
If your organisation does not currently have a workplace giving program, now is the perfect time to suggest this as an addition to your existing community program. Contact your human resources team or payroll department and ask for one to be established and for BCNA to be nominated as a charity partner.
If your company doesn't offer a Workplace Giving program you can still make an online donation to BCNA. All donations over $2 are tax-deductible.
Workplace Giving programs allow employers to actively engage with their employees and make positive community contributions. Companies engaged with Workplace Giving programs find them an ideal corporate social responsibility channel and easy to set up and manage through the regular payroll system.
Most participating employers report their Workplace Giving program achieves high levels of employee engagement. Workplace Giving is an invaluable opportunity for business to forge firm community partnerships and achieve new levels of corporate social responsibility.
For more information on establishing a Workplace Giving program please contact BCNA on 1800 500 258 or email email@example.com.