Strategic Advisory Group
In 2012, Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA) established a Strategic Advisory Group of leading health professionals to help inform and support our work.
The group’s role is to:
- inform the policy, research and advocacy focus for BCNA
- act as a conduit between BCNA and relevant medical and scientific organisations, colleges and disciplines
- proactively bring to the attention of BCNA issues affecting Australians with breast cancer
- work together to determine the issues and develop appropriate responses and strategies for implementation
- assist in the implementation and uptake of BCNA’s programs and products
- provide the BCNA CEO and senior staff with an opportunity to build relationships and knowledge.
The Strategic Advisory Group comprises of health professionals from across a wide range of disciplines. Many of them also represent key breast cancer relevant organisations.
BCNA is pleased to acknowledge and thank the members as listed below. Membership of the Strategic Advisory Group is honorary, so these clinicians freely give their time and expertise to BCNA to help us work together to continue to improve treatment and care for women with breast cancer.
- Professor Fran Boyle AM, Medical Oncologist, BCNA Board Member
- Dr Susan Fraser, Breast Physician, Clinical Oncology Society of Australia (COSA)
- Mrs Jenny Gilchrist, Nurse Practitioner - Breast Oncology, Australasian Society for Breast Disease
- Dr Belinda Kiely, Medical Oncologist, Medical Oncology Group of Australia
- Dr Gillian Lamoury, Radiation Oncologist, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists
- Professor Bruce Mann, Breast Surgeon, BCNA Board Member
- Dr Vivienne Milch, General Practitioner, Cancer Australia
- Ms Kerry Patford, Breast Care Nurse, Cancer Nurses Society of Australia
- Associate Professor Michael Penniment, Radiation Oncologist
- Professor Kelly Phillips, Medical Oncologist, Medical Oncology Group of Australia
- Associate Professor Wendy Raymond, Pathologist
- Professor Christobel Saunders AO, Surgical Oncologist, Breast Surgeons of Australia and New Zealand
- Associate Professor Joanne Shaw, Executive Director, Psycho-oncology Co-operative Research Group (PoCoG)
- Dr Magdalena Simonis, General Practitioner, Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Professor Andrew Spillane, Surgical Oncologist, Breast Surgeons of Australia and New Zealand
- Dr Charlotte Tottman, Clinical Psychologist
- Professor Jane Turner, Psychiatrist, Psycho-oncology Cooperative Research Group
- Miss Melanie Walker, Surgeon & President, BreastSurgANZ
- Dr Michelle White, Medical Oncologist, Cabrini Health and Monash Medical Centre