Strategic Plan: Towards 2025
Despite progress in breast cancer care over the past decades, gaps and inconsistencies in treatment and care still remain. BCNA’s new Policy & Advocacy Strategic Plan aims to address these gaps.
The plan has been informed through extensive consumer engagement and research into the lived experiences of people with breast cancer and their key issues of concern. This includes our 2018 State of the Nation, and 2021 Breast Reconstruction in Australia reports as well as research into the impact of COVID-19. You can read more about these here.
The Strategic Plan: Towards 2025 outlines how, over the next three years, our policy and advocacy work will prioritise the following key focus areas:
- Year one – reducing the costs for those diagnosed with breast cancer
- Year two – improving equity of access to optimal breast cancer care
- Year three – improving the experiences of living well with and beyond breast cancer.
By prioritising these areas, we aim to make real progress in improving the lives and outcomes of people affected by breast cancer.
Towards 2025 provides a clear plan for:
- investing our resources and energy
- harnessing the strength of our network
- actively connecting and partnering with organisations and individuals who can further our progress
- building greater connection between the lived experience of breast cancer and decision-making.
We are already implementing the plan and focusing on the key issues of concern in our advocacy work.
In the challenging environment we find ourselves in, it is more important now than ever to be clear about where we direct our focus and energy. We also want to make sure you understand how you can contribute to improving the treatment and care of people with breast cancer.
How can you help us achieve our Towards 2025 goals?
By partnering with those who are equally passionate about creating real change, we aim to achieve success with our Strategic Plan: Towards 2025.
Here are some of the ways you can help us extend our reach and impact:
- Does your organisation or your lived experience align with the goals of Towards 2025? Let’s talk! Email email@example.com.
- Are you a researcher looking for trained consumer representatives or people who have a lived experience of breast cancer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or find out more on our Information for Researchers webpage.
- Have you been diagnosed with breast cancer? Consider using your voice for change by joining our Review & Survey Group. You will have the opportunity to choose to participate in surveys, focus groups and clinical trials related to breast cancer. Find out more on our Review and Survey Group webpage.