Hope & Hurdles is a free, comprehensive resource for women with secondary breast cancer. It was developed through extensive consultation with women living with secondary breast cancer and those who treat and care for them. The women who contributed made suggestions about topics that helped them and their family and friends during their journey with secondary breast cancer.
You will find quotes, photos, advice, recommendations and encouragement from many women who have been in a similar situation to that which you're facing at the moment.
"Hope & Hurdles is very comprehensive and helpful, with plenty of practical advice and guidance. It is easy to understand and the personal stories from other women who have 'been there' themselves are uplifting and encouraging." -- Anne
To order Hope & Hurdles
- You can order Hope & Hurdles online now
- Or by phoning 1800 500 258.
- If you already have a Hope & Hurdles pack and would like to order additional optional items, please complete the standard online order form again, then select the optional items you need on the second page.
Once you have ordered Hope & Hurdles, it will be sent to you by mail free of charge. You should expect it to arrive within 5-7 days depending on where you are in Australia.
Note: If you are a Health Professional and would like to receive a sample pack please contact our Service Team on 1800 500 258 or email email@example.com.
Hope & Hurdles standard package includes:
- Hope & Hurdles Information Guide -- a booklet with information about dealing with your diagnosis, treatments, support options, practical uses, and further contacts and resources for you and your family.
- 'Messages of hope and inspiration' -- brochure featuring personal messages from women living with secondary breast cancer
- 'She has secondary breast cancer -- how can I support her?' -- brochures for family and friends
- A CD of guided meditations
- 'When the Woman You Love has Advanced Breast Cancer' -- CD for male partners that others may also find helpful
- A copy of The Beacon, BCNA's free quarterly magazine and The Inside Story, a supplement featuring articles and stories especially for women with secondary breast cancer.
- A folder to store your pathology reports, etc.
- An order form for optional Hope & Hurdles items
The new 2012 edition of Hope & Hurdles also contains some optional items that you can select according to your individual situation:
- Secondary breast cancer in the bone booklet
- Secondary breast cancer in the liver booklet
- Secondary breast cancer in the lungs booklet
- Secondary breast cancer in the brain booklet
- Breast cancer and sexual wellbeing booklet
- Cancer Australia's Guide for women with secondary breast cancer
- Depression and breast cancer fact sheet
Women have also asked for information to help them plan for the future. This can be found in the booklet 'Getting your affairs in order' which you can order whenever you want it.
To order optional items, complete the standard online order form, then select optional items on the second page.
- We recommend that you order the complete Hope & Hurdles Pack, but you are able to download the messages of hope and inspiration PDF separately.
- You can also join BCNA's online network if you think that talking to others in a similar situation will help.
- The Information for Health Professionals section offers suggestions on how health professionals can use Hope & Hurdles.