My Journey online tool - frequently asked questions
Why has BCNA made the switch to an online tool?
The My Journey online tool offers the same high-quality, evidence-based information and insights from others diagnosed with breast cancer with the additional benefits of:
- information and support tailored to an individual’s specific needs at all stages of their breast cancer journey including early breast cancer, DCIS, metastatic breast cancer and survivorship
- bonus multimedia content including videos, webcasts and podcasts
- immediate updates as new insights, research and clinical trials become available
- easy access via computer, tablet or smartphone.
How do I sign up my patients?
If you are already registered as a health professional with BCNA, you just need to go to myjourney.org.au/hp and use your existing log in details (user id is your initial and surname, log in email is your work email address) to sign up your patient for My Journey.
If you are not already registered with BCNA, you will need to register.
After you have provided a few details about your patient, they will receive a link to complete the sign-up process and can then get started immediately.
Can my patients sign themselves up for My Journey?
Yes, they can. You can order referral cards or forms from the health professional portal, which will step your patients through the simple sign-up process, or you can direct them to myjourney.org.au/signup.
How can I try out My Journey?
We love your enthusiasm! You can sign up as someone diagnosed with breast cancer with the following steps:
- Go to myjourney.org.au.
- The page will say ‘Please tell us why you’re here and we can direct you to the right information for you.’
- Please select ‘I've been diagnosed with breast cancer’ to experience My Journey from a patient’s perceptive. Do not choose 'I'm a health professional'. Click ‘Continue’.
- You will be asked to log in or register. Select ‘Register now’.
- Follow the prompts. IMPORTANT NOTE: Please enter your first name as MJtestFirstname, for example, MJtestMary. This will allow us to differentiate people with a cancer diagnosis from health professionals who are trying out the tool.
- You will be asked whether you have DCIS, early breast cancer or metastatic breast cancer, as well as where you are in your treatment journey. You can change your selections later to experience the tool from a different perspective.
- Start exploring!
You can also watch the video below.
What if my patient has no access to the internet, or prefers a printed resource?
A new printed My Journey Early Breast Cancer will be available, but not in large quantities. While comprehensive, it won’t be updated regularly or deliver the same personalised and information that the My Journey online tool will provide.
A suite of printed resources including Hope & Hurdles, booklets and Easy English resources will still be available.
What about patients for whom English is a second language?
The My Journey online tool will provide some information for people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. However, the first iteration of the tool will not cater specifically to these groups. It is recommended at this time that people from these communities are given our bilingual and Easy English resources available on our website.
My Journey will continue to evolve to better meet the needs of people from these communities.
Can I use any browser to access My Journey?
My Journey works on the latest version of any browser, e.g. Chrome 70, Internet Explorer Edge. If your workplace is not using the latest version of a browser, you will need to ask your IT team to update your browser. In the meantime you can log in on your mobile or tablet.
In response to feedback we received from health professionals, My Journey is now also compatible with Internet Explorer 11.
What if I need assistance?
Our Helpline team is ready to provide any assistance you may need. Just call 1800 500 258.
What if I’ve got feedback?
Great! We really value your assistance with troubleshooting any issues and continuing to develop My Journey. You can either provide feedback via the prompts in the My Journey online tool or contact our Helpline team on 1800 500 258.