Digital My Journey - What's in it for me?
We understand that the delivery of My Journey in a digital format will be a significant change for many of our health professionals who routinely order My Journey Kits for their patients.
We’ve been listening carefully to you and we’ve almost completed the sign-up process for the new My Journey. We’ve also been busy refining the content, drawing on the existing My Journey Kit Information Guide. This content will be ready to start putting in the app in the coming weeks. By the time we next update you, we will be able to show you examples of how the content will be tailored to individual circumstances.
For those of you who are wondering what the digital My Journey will mean for you and your patients, we’ve put together a list of the top six benefits of the digital My Journey:
- A simple registration process ensuring information can be made available to patients at the time of diagnosis.
- Flexibility to work around clinic time constraints and allow patients the option to register themselves at a later time.
- Provision of more personalised information tailored to suit your patient’s individual needs enabled by completion of a few basic questions including breast cancer subtype.
- Evidence-based reliable information regularly updated to help empower people to participate in shared decision making about their treatment and care.
- Information that is easy to navigate allowing people to find relevant information quickly either on their own or with the help of their health professional.
- Practical information on local services and resources.
Your input into the development of My Journey is essential to ensuring we deliver a final product that is user-friendly for health professionals and individuals diagnosed with breast cancer. If you’d like to be part of our beta-testing in September, please email Marianne at email@example.com.