06 Jan 2015
Submission for Kadcyla and Perjeta
Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA) has made a submission to the Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee (PBAC) in support of two new drugs used to treat HER2-positive secondary breast cancer. The PBAC is the authority that makes recommendations to the Australian Government on which drugs should be subsidised through the Pharmaceutical Benefits Schedule (PBS).
It is the third time that Kadcyla (T-DM1) and the second time that Perjeta (pertuzumab) have been considered by PBAC.
Kadcyla and Perjeta have both been shown in clinical trials to extend life for women living with secondary breast cancer.
The outcomes of the PBAC meeting are expected in late December.
BCNA thanks the women living with secondary breast cancer who generously provided their personal stories and quotes to be included in our submission.
We also thank the following members of our Strategic Advisory Group for their assistance in reviewing the submission:
- Professor Fran Boyle, Medical Oncologist
- Dr Mustafa Khasraw, Medical Oncologist
- Professor Bogda Koczwara, Medical Oncologist
For more information on this topic, please consider the following materials:
- BCNA’s submission - Her2+ secondary breast cancer drugs.pdf (PDF, 212.13 KB)
- BCNA’s previous submissions to the PBAC on Kadcyla and Perjeta 2014 | 2013