What do I do?????
Here I am receiving chemo, chemo that is supposed to make my hair fall out, except that this great thing called an ice cap is saving my hair on my head. It's wonderful and I have been so happy to be able to save my hair. I have a wig ready to go just in case but how much easier is it to have my own hair, I will continue with the icecaps happily. I lost my hair nearly 8 yrs ago and the wig was lovely but.........it was a hassle compared to having my own hair.
So all is good......except........I need a colour!!!!! Badly!!!!!! And no one will do it!!!!!! I rang around today to find my 'lowest risk' natural hair colouring only to be told that no one in the natural hair colour business will do it because there is a risk of me losing my hair. It's crazy, I said it wasn't a problem if I did lose the hair, I was prepared but just wanted to take the lowest risk option. But no, I was apologetically told that they wouldn't do it.
So now, I am back to the local hairdresser to try the normal stronger chemical option. Big decision, do I risk losing my hair to a colour or do I walk around feeling like a dull frump until I finish treatment, which I have no idea when that will happen????
Or.........do I just sneak in to the 'natural hairdresser' and not tell them my full story.
Just a little hurdle but a frustrating one. How good do you feel with a nice hairdo???? It can make all the difference.