I had to share this lovely tale. My great nephew (6 years old) and the grandson of my sister was having afternoon tea with his Nanna. He was having a pink finger bun. The Pink Bun Campaign ad with Raelene Boyle came on the television. He said "You know Nan that those pink buns fix breast cancer"!!! My sister said "Aunty Lee had breast cancer" His reply "Did she get a pink bun?" He is a great little guy and so thoughtful. XLeonie
After my first "real" fundraiser (Garden Afternoon Tea at my house) I have just counted the money raised. Sure it is a lot of work BUT I love doing what I am doing for BCNA. I feel so proud to be a Representative of such a great organisation. My husband was amazing helping me set up everything in the garden but said "next time you will have to do this somewhere else - in a hall". He disappeared whilst I had about 45 guests, 30 yes 30 models ranging from little to not so little, mums, dads, sisters, brothers and boyfriends of models in my garden and pool area.
I just wish to post some pics here - not sure how to send them direct to Stef and Marita. We sure made an impression on Gracemere and I topped it off with a "My Story" talk at the Lions Club meeting last evening. Lots of ladies came to us and told of their story. XLeonie
Hi all my pink sisters, I thought I needed a change from the "old lady" perm - had to keep telling young people that it definately was not a perm!!!! Anyway went back to my longterm hairdresser and boy what a change. I had permanent straightening (yes not too many chemicals), colouring and foils and some shaping into a nice style. I love it. She told me that "it" is at its most defined and as soon as the regrowth starts "my do" will be fuller.
Hi all, Haven't posted for a while - just been enjoying replying to others. We got some "not so welcome" news yesterday. It was such a shock as I have been gradually getting stronger and looking forward to a large family holiday in Thailand next month to celebrate my nephew's wedding. My husband had his regular doctor visit to check on his DVT. He has been off Warfrin for a couple of months after struggling with the side effects most of the year. (had a DVT diagnosed last January) Anyway after an ultrasound last evening he has been diagnosed with more DVT.
User network activity
- Leonie Moore replied on Whats this taste on 16 May 2013 at 09:43PM
- Leonie Moore replied on Lung nodules on 16 May 2013 at 09:36PM
- Leonie Moore has added post All we need is buns, buns!!! on 16 May 2013 at 09:27PM.
- Leonie Moore replied on Hair is back! on 16 May 2013 at 11:21AM
- Leonie Moore replied on Hair is back! on 15 May 2013 at 05:23PM
- Leonie Moore replied on Hair is back! on 15 May 2013 at 02:03PM
- Leonie Moore replied on Good News on 10 May 2013 at 09:25PM
- Leonie Moore replied on Too scared to go to bed on 09 May 2013 at 05:42PM
- Leonie Moore replied on Too scared to go to bed on 09 May 2013 at 02:23PM
- Leonie Moore replied on Samantha Cunnington on 08 May 2013 at 08:37PM