Diagnosed as a result of Breastscreen mammogram, two dcis left breast.
All history now, enjoying being well and happy.
Don't be afraid to ask for help!
Joining the support group one year after my diagnosis opened up my world.
My message is - Always have tests and follow ups that are required, be vigilant but don't let the C word rule your life or the lives around you.
Breast Screen Tasmania is celebrating 21 years - you can attend one of their celebratory open sessions - http://www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/features/breastscreen_tasmania_celebrates_21_...
My breast cancer was picked up by BreastScreen Tas in 2004 and if they hadn't offered this service I would have gone undiagnosed until it was a far blacker picture. I can only imagine how many other women that have been saviours of.
I received a phone call from the Head Gardener of Launceston City Council advising me about the Breast Cancer Rose Garden in City Park- they are just amazing at present.
(I already knew because I visit it regularly, just keeping an eye on all the "Best Friend"and "Blue Moon" roses that were planted two years ago but was blown away that even the gardeners themselves are in raptuuires!)
The fragrance wafts across the park, and everyone is remarking on them. If you are around, do pop by.
Our monthly support group meeting today went well with two members of the Cancer Council staff addressing us on their roles- one the physical aspects of treatments and the other coping with the emotional roller coaster. We all know we are extremely fortunate in having these great women working in the Launceston Cancer Council Centre.
Later THE great race was run and I wore Pink Lady Ribbon with a hair clip as my hat (see attached) and our dear Pauline was able to attend for a short while. Her battle continues and she is an amazingly brave and courageous woman.
User network activity
- Mandy Forteath replied on Round 3 tomorrow on 03 Mar 2014 at 10:01PM
- Mandy Forteath replied on Round 3 tomorrow on 03 Mar 2014 at 02:51PM
- Mandy Forteath replied on Round 3 tomorrow on 28 Feb 2014 at 01:32PM
- Mandy Forteath has added post Live Field in 2014! on 20 Feb 2014 at 03:19PM.
- Mandy Forteath replied on Round 3 tomorrow on 20 Feb 2014 at 03:06PM
- Mandy Forteath replied on Round 3 tomorrow on 19 Feb 2014 at 12:17PM
- Mandy Forteath has added post 21st anniversray for BreastScreen Tas on 14 Feb 2014 at 05:35PM.