If anyone would like to come along to a cancer support group which is currently being held in Marrickville Sydney. It is run by Life Force Cancer Foundation and is free.
It runs every Thursday 10.00-12.30 at Marrickville Library, until 6th June 2013.
I went along today and was the only one there! I am sure there are others out there who may benefit from this program too.
If you would like to book in ring the library on 93352173.
Hope to see some of you there!
My Oncologist suggested that I try Effexor for relief of hot flushes of Tamoxifen and to enable me to sleep better.
Wondering if any of you have any experience with this drug?
Googling it - it seems to be a drug for major depression!
I went today to get a CT angiogram done priior to having reconstruction in a few months, referred by plastic surgeon.
It was very distressing as they could not get the cannula into the vein to inject the dye, so I ended up in tears and left saying i would come back another time(nexc Fri). They said this is due to the veins being wrecked by chemo (FEC,Docetaxel).
On the other arm I have been told not to have veins pricked due to lymph nodes being removed, so god knows what I am supposed to do.
User network activity
- Julia44 replied on Tumour Marker Tests on 15 Jun 2013 at 01:01PM
- Julia44 replied on After breast cancer and menapause on 14 Jun 2013 at 10:05AM
- Julia44 replied on Nipple reconstruction on 08 Jun 2013 at 11:10AM
- Julia44 replied on Radiation on 31 May 2013 at 10:19AM
- Julia44 has added post what do I need for reconstruction surgery? on 29 May 2013 at 12:54PM.
- Julia44 replied on Strattice Mesh Reconstruction on 28 May 2013 at 10:26AM
- Julia44 replied on Pain, pain, pain! on 28 May 2013 at 10:21AM
- Julia44 replied on Sydney inner west support group on 27 May 2013 at 04:30PM