I have been working with Breast Cancer Network Australia since June 2009. I am currently working as the Online Network Coordinator within the Online Engagement Team. We have been working away over the past 2 years on the re-development of the website and launch of this exciting new social network.
My first contact with BCNA was in 2000 when Lyn Swinburne came to the Bakers Delight head office and spoke about breast cancer and the work BCNA had been doing to support women and how with the support of Bakers Delight would be able to continue their great work. 10 years on and look at all that has been achieved!
In 2004 I left Bakers Delight and moved to London for 12 months. 12 months turned into 5 years and during that time breast cancer came into my life with my Auntie Val's diagnosis in 2006.
At the time I did not know what this meant - we had not had cancer in our family! She fought her way through with the support of our family and I would receive updates from back home. She was a very strong women but after 18 months she lost her battle. I didnt get to say goodbye, but I know she knew I loved her.
Dear Aunty Val, I will never forget your strong fighting spirit - I only hope I can hold onto that and carry it on in my life. Love always your Daina Kim.
This member's blog is private and is only shared with contacts.
User network activity
- Daina Jones replied on New to blog on 22 May 2013 at 01:33PM
- Daina Jones replied on And just for something different on 22 May 2013 at 09:38AM
- Daina Jones replied on All we need is buns, buns!!! on 17 May 2013 at 06:58AM
- Daina Jones replied on Lung nodules on 16 May 2013 at 02:50PM
- Daina Jones replied on redhead on 16 May 2013 at 09:03AM
- Daina Jones replied on Hair is back! on 15 May 2013 at 09:46PM
- Daina Jones replied on PET Scan on 10 May 2013 at 01:39PM
- Daina Jones replied on Effexor/Tamoxifen on 08 May 2013 at 04:43PM
- Daina Jones replied on Samantha Cunnington on 07 May 2013 at 10:23PM
- Daina Jones replied on What can i do to support mum on 01 May 2013 at 01:38PM