Hi Ladies, just wondering if any of you have ever used acupuncture for the relief of hot flushes and other menopausal symptoms? I am new to Perth, and am keen to try this, but have no contacts here. Can anyone recommend a good Acupuncturist here in Perth?
Love Chris xx
I have a breast prosthesis to give away if anyone is interested. It is by Amoena and is for a right breast and is called a Natura 3E, size 4R. It also says on the box, that it replaces Natura 3E 661. So, if that means anything to you, great, but if not, I was about a 14B before surgery, so not very big.
I have developed a lump between my sentinel node biopsy scar, and my mastectomy scar. It is probably just scar tissue, but the more I worry, the more prominent it seems to become. It appears to be in the area where already a level 1 lymph node clearance took place about 19 months ago. My GP is wonderful, and suggested I have an ultrasound, so as to 'hopefully' put my mind at ease. I am having this today, and am now very nervous. This will include a fine needle biopsy if anything is discovered. The thought of recurrence is never far from my mind.
Hi ladies, can anyone tell me if they have tried accupunture for relief of hot flushes? My oncologist recommended it as an option to try before using other medications. I am well and truly over these hot flushes, and am looking to try something different. He said it was also good at helping with sleep.
Love Chris xx
I started taking femara 3 months ago, and for a while I thought I might have been one of the lucky ones who didn't get side sffects, apart from the hot flushes. In the last couple of weeks it has dawned on me that my stiff hips and achy legs might actually be early side effects. My legs ache all day long, rather like chemo legs, or flu like legs. Also when I stand from sitting, or first get out of bed, I walk and hobble like an old lady. My hip joints get better as I move around, but my legs just ache all day.
User network activity
- Chris replied on Miserable today :( on 13 Jun 2013 at 05:24PM
- Chris replied on Results are in... on 07 Jun 2013 at 05:19PM
- Chris replied on So Frustrated on 04 Jun 2013 at 12:14PM
- Chris replied on So Frustrated on 04 Jun 2013 at 11:23AM
- Chris replied on Acupuncture for hot flushes on 01 Jun 2013 at 12:07PM
- Chris has added post Acupuncture for hot flushes on 30 May 2013 at 12:24AM.
- Chris replied on Day One...Oh my on 27 May 2013 at 10:38AM
- Chris replied on Going Solo on 24 May 2013 at 08:22PM
- Chris replied on Implants too Firm, how are yours? on 23 May 2013 at 09:26PM
- Chris replied on Going Solo on 22 May 2013 at 10:31PM