Diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer, Stage 2, Grade 3. October 2012.
2 operations. Lump removed and nodes. Clear margins around lump.
Found lump just below 2cms in size. Early Breast Cancer. Mother had breast cancer at 55 yo and now in her 70's.
Currently not at work and had Chemotherapy 7 times and about to have Radiation on May 22nd for 6 weeks. Finishes on July 11th 2013
Hairdresser for 20 years, and currently - 5 years as a Pharmacy Assistant.
Married for 7 years to Sean .
16/10/2013 ALL CLEAR OF CANCER
Funny comment no 1
"Did you shave your head or something?"
Funny comment no 2
"Did you perm your hair?"
Response no 1
Me, "I did Shave for a Cure!"
Response no 2
Me, "Instant Chemo Hair. short, curly and "Who the hell stole my fringe" look!"
hAHAHAHAHAH, and I thought to myself, thank god I have a good sense of humour, some one else would have been offended.
TRIPLE NEGATIVE BREAST CANCER.
I am currently not on any medication, but experiencing hot flushes and constant broken sleep. I would love to hear from any ladies who have completed all their treatment, and going through menopause, without any medication.
I am currently using meditation, walks and pilates as my relaxation tools.
I feel some of this is due to anxiety of returning to work too.
Thank you for advice and ideas!
I write because I care. For each and every person who has looked to me for emotional support and honesty, I give back as much as I have recieved. Each day I havent forgotten about what we endure/d together, and how like a continues ride on a roller coaster, we share the experience. Having HOPE and understanding that no matter how hard life can get, there is always a better day ahead. We arent alone, we are stronger than we can imagine and through BCNA we share our experiences and our knowledge.
User network activity
- belmckenna replied on My new haircut! on 11 Dec 2013 at 09:15AM
- belmckenna replied on Does the frizzy hair last? on 07 Dec 2013 at 09:51AM
- belmckenna replied on Does the frizzy hair last? on 07 Dec 2013 at 09:41AM
- belmckenna replied on Death Sentence on 30 Nov 2013 at 04:12PM
- belmckenna replied on What was your experience with Core Biopsy like? on 30 Nov 2013 at 04:03PM
- belmckenna replied on Sense of humour on 30 Nov 2013 at 03:26PM
- belmckenna replied on Proper Introduction on 26 Nov 2013 at 10:09AM
- belmckenna replied on Proper Introduction on 26 Nov 2013 at 09:59AM
- belmckenna replied on FIRST HAIR COLOUR on 26 Nov 2013 at 09:57AM
- belmckenna replied on FIRST HAIR COLOUR on 26 Nov 2013 at 09:54AM