Please read before participating
Your activity in the BCNA online network
Welcome to the BCNA online network, we hope you enjoy participating and interacting with other network members. Remember that this is your network -- each and every user makes it what it is, so don't be afraid to get involved!
As you participate, please keep in mind we encourage activity that:
- treats others with respect
- allows for further interaction among community members
- stays on topic and advances the conversation
- respects copyright and the law
Here are some common-sense guidelines:
- Enjoy the network. There's a lot to see and read, our members love to talk! Don’t be afraid to jump in and participate, but do remember that everyone's personal circumstance is different, so please treat others with the respect you would like for yourself. Remember that this is your network and you should protect and take care of it. To find basic information (and a downloadable user guide) on how the online network works, visit the Help and Q&A pages.
- Participate. Leaving feedback for others, or commenting on other posts is a function of the network. When it’s done with empathy and understanding, it can be a great way to share stories and connect with others. So set up your own profile and if you want to, join a group or two—there are a lot of different ways to participate. The BCNA blog is a central point where you will find frequent updates, but you can also find others with similar experience to you by using the search function. To find the most recent posts (listed chronologically), vist the All posts page.
- Own your own words. Remember that you own your posts, whether they are made in your own blog or elsewhere in the network. They represent your thoughts and opinions and you assume full responsibility for all actions arising from them. A good rule of thumb is to ‘be nice’. It’s okay to share your experiences, as they are undeniable, however don’t attack other individuals and/or companies. Extend to others the opportunity to be heard in the same way that opportunity is extended to you.
- Private means private. Remember that the network is a public space. Do not reveal personal and/or private information about others, and only reveal as much about yourself as you feel comfortable to share. Don’t give your username and password to anyone else, and do not respond to any spam posts or messages. We do not approve of predatory behaviour, stalking, threats, harassment, invading privacy, or the revealing of other members' personal information.
- Medical information. For your own privacy and that of your family, you should consider how much detailed personal medical information linked to your name you want published on the internet. Please be careful passing on any health or medical suggestions (even if they are given to you by a medical professional). What is right for you may not be right for someone else. If you see any medical suggestions on the site use caution and remember BCNA can’t endorse or support any health or medical advice that is posted here. Please do not use the network to disparage or slander the reputations of health professionals or anyone else.
- No commercial or promotional activity. The BCNA online network should not be used for the sale of goods and services or the promotion of commercial products. If someone advertises a product or service they have a financial or other interest in they may be banned from the site. If you see someone trying to sell something tell us using the "report as inappropriate" function.
Our activity in the network
We discourage activity that:
- is discriminatory, abusive, obscene, illegal, or does not treat others with respect
Questions about our guidelines? Contact the network administrators.