Local Services Directory
The Local Services Directory is designed to help you find breast cancer-related support and services by:
- Location -- through a geographic-based search using distance from your postcode
- Type -- using categories or key-words
- That are only online, and do not have a physical address (eg. amazon.com).
To find a local service, start at the Directory search page.
Hints and tips to find a service
- To find a service close to where you live or work, type the postcode into the postcode box, select the matching suburb from the drop-down-list, then choose the distance you are willing to travel from the postcode.
- To find a service by category, choose one of the five available categories in the drop-down menu:
- Health services: eg. breastscreen, palliative care, genetic testing/screening
- Emotional wellbeing: eg. support groups, counselling
- Physical wellbeing: eg. exercise & fitness, dragon boating, lymphoedema massage
- Practical support: eg. financial support, travel assistance, accommodation / retreats
- Products: eg. wigs, bras, clothing, zonta pillows
- To find a specific type of service, type one or more keywords into the keywords field eg. 'wigs' or 'massage'. The search will only return listings that contain all keywords. To obtain more results, use less keywords eg. you'll get more results if you type 'massage' than if you type 'lymphoedema massage'
- Scroll down the page to see the results in a list, or click on the 'map' tab to see them as pins on a map
To suggest a service
Anyone can suggest a service for listing in the directory. To suggest a service:
- Go to the Directory 'Search' page
- Check that the service is happy to be listed (a listing may increase demand)
- Check that the service is not already listed by searching for it
- Click on the link labelled 'suggest a service', then fill out the form and click 'submit'.
- The suggested service will be reviewed and included if appropriate.
- Download the 'User instructions' which will provide some information on how to suggest or create a service for the directory and how to search.
Note: Services listed in the Local Services Directory have been suggested by people in our network - health professionals, survivors and others affected by breast cancer. BCNA neither endorses nor recommends the services listed. We are happy to be informed about other services to include within this directory.
The directory has been developed as part of the 'Supporting Women in Rural Areas Diagnosed with Breast Cancer' Program, funded by the Australian Government.
My Journey Kit resource sheets
The resources sheets are components of the My Journey Kit and include information on state wide services, local services and information for those diagnosed with breast cancer.