I'm 51 and was diagnosed with TNBC following my first routine BreastScreen scan on the 19th of June 2013.
I have four lesions, all located in my left breast.
At first they weren't sure if this was my primary cancer due to my pathology so I had an MRI, bone scan and CT scan in the first week after I saw the surgeon. Meanwhile she was chasing up pathology results; they put the wrong breast on the pathology report, didn't include the HER-2 status although they reported it at suspected TNBC and didn't include a grading or K67 result.
They've since confirmed the HER-2 was negative, decided it was grade 2 and K67 about 10% (although my doc cautions the possiblitiy of test error) and refused to issue a report saying it's my left breast, citing medical reasons (!).
After discussion with my surgeon I've decided to have chemo before surgery. This makes sense to me. They can monitor the cancer to see how it responds and the chemo will be treating any other cancer cells that are floating around inside me trying to make nasty little tumours.
I've had my first cycle of FEC with the wonderful staff at the Mater Hospital. My first week was hard work but I've felt really well and healthy all through my second week.
I'm doing yoga, drinking lots of water, eating well and staying active while still paying attention to fatigue and resting when I need to.
So far so good.