About usThis online group has been set up as a central place for partners to connect and share their experiences following the diagnosis of their loved one.
Being the partner of someone with breast cancer can be a very difficult period in your life. The highs and lows, including shock, fear, relief, anxiety and strength, can have a huge impact, both physically and emotionally.
You can connect online with other partners through this group: Simply select 'Request membership'
You can then:
- See 'All posts page' for the latest activity within this online group. Why not comment on a post.
- Create a new blog post and share your experience, ask a question or simply share tips that have helped you along your way!
- View all 'members' of this group, read their stories and connect.
- If you are looking for a private space to communicate you can connect into one of the following private online groups:
-- Partner support for men 'For the boys'
-- Partner support for same sex couples
If you're simply looking for more information on how you can support your partner, see helpful resources below.
- Information for partners page on our website will give an overview on how you can support your partner following a diagnosis of breast cancer.
- You can download the ‘I wish I could fix it’: Supporting your partner through breast cancer booklet
- Or listen to Cancer Australia's audio CDs:
- When the woman you love has early breast cancer
- When the woman you love has secondary breast cancer